Monday, April 20, 2009

Workshopping the Script II

Yesterday was the big day...and boy was I surprised! I have to say, much of the dialogue flowed well (which was the biggest issue for me) and I was so relieved. I just closed my eyes and listened to how it sounded. I wanted to hear the ease of the dialogue. The actors were great--really did a great job being the characters so it colored the script in. Got a lot of feedback from the group--mainly character issues, likeability, questioning motives, but all in all it is a sound piece! It was exhausting for me, though--3 hours of people looking at your work. But I have to say, it's a lot less traumatic than testing comedy material onstage!

Also, am nearing the end of obtaining a venue, so I am so relieved with that. I absolutely can't wait to see this show live. I believe it's relevant and poignant.

So, I still have a lot of work to do, but I think with my timeframe it's manageable. Keep ya posted! Twitter

No comments: