Thursday, April 9, 2009

Scriptwriting

Been working on the script unceasingly. Even when I go to sleep, I'll get an 'Aha!' moment about another scene or character in the script. Most of it is like sewing, though: I think "oh, there's a hole here, I haven't adressed this back in scene xxx", and I have to put it in. This invariably means I have to 'sew' that piece of knowledge into later scenes. It is the worst when it is a concept you need to address (example: important real fact must be addressed) in one of the first few scenes: you need to add that knowledge AND how each character will react (if they are privy to that knowledge). It is to the point now that when my editor says, "did you back this concept up" I can now say, yes, look in scene xxx, page xxx. It's pretty sad from an overall life point of view, but fantastic from a screenwriter point of view.

I workshop the script in two weeks with actors and have a lot of angst...I'm just hoping that with all the problems they'll see the storyline holds up. Twitter

No comments: