Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stage Managing, Part Deux

Well, I made it through the run! And I have to say, it was amazing! We rehearsed for six weeks and for at least four we were short actors, so I was standing in reading lines...that got to be pretty tiring, especially when I needed to make sure the actors were moving where they were supposed to be. As rehearsals progressed, I saw my job change from feeding lines/movement to making sure costumes changes went smoothly and all props were in place (prop table). I also ran sound for the show, so all in all it kept me busy--not as busy as a solo show, that's for sure! I think the most amazing thing about the process was to see a group with no coherence suddenly gel and the show came alive--that was the wildest thing to see! Kudos to everyone in the show, too, because they had to learn those Shakespearean lines--not for me, that's for sure! I prefer colloquial dialog. But again, I really liked doing the stage managing and working with a great group of actors--it's something I will definitely do again! Twitter

No comments: