Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hamilton, NY

I just finished another Feminazi show, and I have to say, the people in Hamilton were FANTASTIC. (You know it's rural when your hotel window is looking out on a cemetary :-) ). Got in late Thurs, tech'd Fri basically till showtime, then went out and slammed! They were a great crowd, not self-conscious (thank God), had a sense of humor and were looking for a good time. They were pretty animated when they left, and that's when I know I've done my job! The talkback after the show went nicely--there's always something you learn from talking back to people in different parts of the country. This time the topic of feminism as being accepting of all types led into a discussion of why diversity is not seen as a strength in society as a whole. Another interesting topic that came up was should women be fighting for a place in the system as it is, or should we be fighting for a new system? Again, it was a great time. I love the road! Twitter

No comments: