Monday, February 9, 2009

Stage Managing Again

After talking to a colleague, I learned that I needed to do more things stage managing. So I looked online for info and was surprised. I had a prop list, ordered by scene and which entrance the actor takes, and a scene diagram, cast list, and even had all the blocking notes in the script. However, in my reading I saw that it has to be more formalized: "A prompt book should be legible so that if the stage manager is unable to call the show"--ooooh. So...I went hunting around and found (I'll find my url later) a sample prompt book, and realized I needed to rework my script (translation, lots of hours). So, I am now furiously getting my prompt book up to speed and in the meantime buying The Stage Management Handbook to fill any other possible gaps in my stage management knowledge. Do I hear kudos to stage managers here? You betcha! Twitter

No comments: