Thursday, October 2, 2008

Script and Dialogue

I’m finally at the point on this script that we are now getting down to the meat of the scenes, the subtext, what each character wants from the other. It’s the moment-to-moment orchestration of the script I guess you could say. And it’s really the most exciting for me, it’s the part I love the most, refining and tweaking scenes. I find in writing scripts that the daunting part is taking something from nothing and forming it (initial background on characters, flushing out the plot). That for me is the real gruntwork, you’re unsure of where you’re going, you don’t know what to do with the sketchy framework you already have, you’re almost immobilized by the number of decisions you have to make. So, other script writers, what is the part about script writing that you love? Dislike? Twitter

No comments: